Go 730 SD card

I saved some POI's to my Go 730, that I created in POIEditor-I have a 2 GB SD card.
How do you know, when using My Computer, when you are accessing the SD card, or the Internal memory?

When I use My Computer, it seems to address only the internal memory.

I popped the SD card out and saved the .ov2 files to it, too.
Should they be in a specific folder name?
I just saved them in the root folder.

Last edited:
If the pois are on the sd card (that model really should have a sdhc card) and the card is inserted in the device, there will be two drives showing under external storage, one for the card, the other for the internal. If you look at the contents of one of them with Windows Explorer and see a bunch of loose files not in any folder and folders such as 'art', 'ASR', 'audiobooks', etc., you're seeing the internal device.

That said, pois do belong in the specific map folder on your unit or they won't be seen by the application and you can;t set them to show on the map.

OK, I found the internal storage on Windows Explorer.
My SD card has only a POI folder and the rest is on the root.

The files shouldn't take up much space and, as I said, until you put them in the specific map folder, they'll do you no good.

When I use My Computer, it seems to address only the internal memory.

You definitely SHOULD see both the internal memory AND the SD card slot in a My Computer or Windows Explorer window.

I've tweaked the drive names on my machines and given them pretty icons so they look like this:

TT_Drives.jpg

Yours might just have a generic drive icon for the SD card, and also the internal and the SD card MIGHT NOT be next to each other. For example here's one with a TomTomXL (Drive letter G) and a Go940 (Drives J and H)

Explorer_TTdrives.jpg

See how easy it is to miss that SD card at Drive H?
One thing to note is the SD card is USUALLY the lower of the two letters that Windows assigns to them for one device.

I popped the SD card out and saved the .ov2 files to it, too.
Should they be in a specific folder name?
I just saved them in the root folder.

As others have said, your POI files (both the .ov2 data file and the .bmp icon for it) MUST be put inside the named map folder they are intended to work with.

So if you have a map folder called "North America" the files go inside there, at the same level as the files cline.dat, cnode.dat etc.

Here's one of mine showing the first couple of POI files:

MapFolder3.jpg

The folder you saw called "poi" is NOT where they go. Nor is any other folder or the root directory.

Last edited:

Ask a Question