Creating formatted .HTM documents

The goal is to be able to read formatted documents through the TomTom Document Browser. I copied some of the help files from the 'helpme' directory to the 'text' directory, and everything works fine.

The problem is that I can't seem to produce any '.html' files in which the formatting comes through as intended. I've tried the low-tech approach by creating documents in WORD, and then saving them as '.html' files, and I've also tried the high-tech approach by using Dreamweaver, and in no case does it work.

Interestingly, I can't seem to open any of the TomTom canned help files in any of these applications either without getting a bunch of gibberish.

Any suggestions on how I can create custom documents in a way such that some standard formatting, and maybe even some hyperlinks, could be included and be viewed through Document Browser?

Thanks in advance.

I would recommend opening one of the TomTom help files in Notepad. My guess is that Word is doing something with the formatting of the html that the TomTom doesn't like. There may also be some header information in the file that the TomTom uses to format the document.

No, Wordpad, Notepad, or any other editior doesn't work. Besides, I'm not looking to open those files. I'm looking to create new, formatted documents that can be read through the TomTom Document Browser.

No, Wordpad, Notepad, or any other editior doesn't work. Besides, I'm not looking to open those files. I'm looking to create new, formatted documents that can be read through the TomTom Document Browser.

Right, but if you can open a file that works and edit the html content directly in Notepad, it should still work on the TomTom. Something Word is doing is hosing the file so the TomTom can't display it.

Right, but if you can open a file that works and edit the html content directly in Notepad, it should still work on the TomTom. Something Word is doing is hosing the file so the TomTom can't display it.

Good point, but I tried every blasted editor of which I'm aware, and still.......
nothing. :(

Ask a Question