Computer Pronunciation

TomTom Model(s)
XL340s
XL340S

UK Simon can?t clearly pronounce Road, it?s like he isn?t capable of accommodating the RD short form in the .lex file (it is there) and is trying to pronounce the RD.
US Susan can?t pronounce Meter (or Metre if you will - a tad annoying for us Canadians). Any short distances announced is more of a mumble.

Is there any way to provide language lessons?

Use Explorer to rename the cphoneme.dat to cphoneme.old. You'll find it in the map folder.

Been There, Done That

I checked out all the other posts I could find here and already tried that suggestion. While it fixed a couple of items, it messed up many more (including the name of the road I live on). I live in a bilingual city where half the streets have French (or Acadian) names, and we have a lot of unusual names in this part of the country (Acadian, Scottish, Irish, and Micmac). It seems the more syllables in the name, the worse it gets without the .dat file. Is there an exceptions file anywhere that can be updated with phonetic pronunciations?

Ask a Question