xl model4T 03

Hi

I have a tom tom xl and just recently it has started playing up when I switch it on it loads up fine I press plan route and on the next page ie home, favourites, address etc not every icon works poi works point on map works home works but address and recent destination when pressed become highlighted and the device freezes for about 45 secs and then reboots do u guys have any ideas? I called Tom Tom in Birmingham and the guys there said its a software problem and it needs to be re loaded for ?50 I thought I would ask if theres any way I can sort it myself?

any help appreciated
Regards Mark Lee

Have you tried resetting the unit by holding the power button about 10 seconds till you hear the drum roll?

Also, when the unit starts, can you click on the 'done' icon to get to the gps bars? Tap on the satellite bars and the next screen shows the version number. What does it show?

(at least I think that's how to get to the sat bars on that model).

Hi

I tried holding the start button it does not seem to have an effect it loads to the same start up screen when I hold down the sat box it comes up with a circle with n e s w in it and 2 buttons at the bottom saying configure and done? I have not pressed configure yet should I?
:confused:

That screen you describe is to configure how you want the lat/long values displayed.

Try this:

Connect to the computer. Make an Explorer, not Home, backup. If not sure how, see here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...4-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html

Then delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Connect to Home and you should be offered an application download (somebody was trying to rip you off if they wanted to charge 50 pounds). Accept and install the application.

Disconnect the unit properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon. Any better?

Hi
Thanks 4 your help so far I did a bit of a bo bo I did not read what u typed properly and deleted everything from the device now its stuck on the tom tom start up page is there anything I can do I did save all the folders b4 deleting them but now the device does not show up in my computer

Members online

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan1812

Latest Threads

Back