Which ONE do I have?

TomTom Model(s)
ONE 125
I waited a while and never saw this topic come up, so I'll go ahead and ask: How do you identify which subtype of TomTom ONE you have? Mine came from Fry's just before Christmas, so it's entirely possible that it's an older model.

The only hint I can find on the TomTom site is in the "How to reset" topic:

ONE 30/ONE 25 Series: doesn't have a pin reset hole (hold down pwr for 15 sec)
* Picture references "ONE 130 / 130*S / 125" but doesn't tell how those are different.

ONE 2nd Edition: pin reset hole on bottom by SD card slot

ONE 3rd Edition: pin reset hold on bottom (no SD card slot)

And there seem to be two models of ONE XL (the widescreen version):

XL 30 Series: doesn't have a pin reset hole (hold down pwr for 15 sec)
* Picture references "XL 330 / 330*S" but doesn't tell how those are different.

ONE XL: pin reset hole on bottom by SD card slot

I can't find anything on my unit's screens or in TomTom HOME System Information to tell me exactly which hardware I have. I don't have a pin reset hole or SD slot, so I guess I'm a ONE 25 or ONE 30, but the label on the bottom just says ONE.

It would be nice to know -- and maybe even worth a sticky -- Which ONE do I have? :)

Look for a file either in the root of your unit or the map folder (I forget) that ends with the extension .pna

It's a text file. Open it with Notepad and see what is shown there.

Also, if the unit is docked, you start Home, and if you can run the emulator (Operate My Device), there is an icon on about page 6 or so of Preferences that shows the system information. Details may be there, too.

My unit doesn't support the emulator. :( Here's the contents of United_States.pna, in my United_States map folder:
Code:
ID=United_States.pna
build=1905
id=194880
I don't see anything helpful in there?

My error. Wrong file (don't have the unit in from of me).

Try a file with an extension of .bif (I think it is TomGo.bif or something close). See if info there assists.

It's ttgo.bif, apparently. It starts like this:
Code:
[TomTomGo]
DeviceName=TomTom ONE
DeviceVersionHW=ONE (v8)
So, I wonder what "ONE (v8)" means? Maybe I could change that to "i4" to match the Inline 4-cylinder engine in my Saturn. :D

Interesting, thanks!

To make this thread of more general usefulness, and to satisfy my curiosity -- how did you know? If "v8" is a 125, what other values might be found in the .ini, I mean .bif file?

Interesting, thanks!

To make this thread of more general usefulness, and to satisfy my curiosity -- how did you know? If "v8" is a 125, what other values might be found in the .ini, I mean .bif file?

You have a 125 because you mentioned the map name "United_States" which the 125 happens to have. Any model above the 125 will either have "USA&CANADA" (or something similar) or "North_America."

125's only came with USA map preloaded.

how to identify what tomtom one?

I have a TOMTOM ONE and can't work out what edition it is. I read the post answer and looked at the bif file.
[TomTomGo]
DeviceName=TomTom ONE
DeviceVersionHW=ONE (v8)
DeviceSerialNumber=PP2299G02523
DeviceUniqueID=AKTGL AAB3N
RamDiskVersion=20090514
BootLoaderVersion=55128
LinuxVersion=315726
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8081
ApplicationVersion=9664
UserLanguage=English UK
Can anyone tell me which TOMTOM I have please as the TOMTOM site doesnt recognise my serial number or device code as valid.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mancstar

Latest Threads

Back