well welll welll

A forum for tomotom's hey??

I'm new to the world of satnavs, as I never used one before. I have an iphone, and recently passed my driving test.

I joined the forums so that I can get the best possible advice from the aficionados here.

My question is (and I'll post another thread on the corret forum), should i get a tiom tom device or the app on my iphone?

Welcome to TTF.

No right answer for everybody to the question you posed.

Some like larger screens and dedicated pnd's usually have those.

Others like the convenience of a gps (sat nav) app on their phones though often a dedicated mount for the phone is required.

Other will offer their opinions, I presume.

Last edited:
Don't forget to include the cost of a decent powered car holder for the iPhone and something to route the audio signal in to the car system so you can hear it. If your iPhone is a 3G model the GPS receiver is pathetic from my experiance, the 3GS is slightly better but I would still consider something like the TomTom iPhone car kit as the holder, speaker and GPS receiver.

Add the cost of the above to the app for the iPhone and the standalone unit is starting to look more attractive!

One other factor to consider, with the standalone devices you have to pay to update your maps, with the iPhone application all map updates (to date) have been free - Mike

Members online

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheresduke

Latest Threads

Back