Web browser for your TomTom...on its way!

Birdman

birdmen
TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go 920
TomTomHeaven.com is working on a web browser application for your TomTom that you use in conjunction with your phone connection called Dillo.

Here is a link to the webpage with the advertisement:
>>> TomTomHeaven.com <<<

Here is the advertisement translated into English:

Minigui 1.6.10, TomView 1.0, TomPainter 1.0, TomPad 1.0
Written by Administrator

BREAKING NEWS!! A web browser in my tomtom!

That is, everyone was talking about, everyone dreamed ... Tomtomheaven has done!

A webrowser is ready for your tomtom ... He is missing a small Internet connection (via telephone) and you could soon have a big surprise!

Some screenshot of the next plugin!

As usual, is on tomtomheaven it happens!

Discuss on the forum ...
TomEdillo.jpg

TomEdillo2.jpg

Yep...

Hello,

i finally managed to configure the network and have internet on my tomtom ;)
As usual it is on http://www.tomtomheaven.com

Do you know any "mobile" site to test?

(it must be simple as Dillo is very limited...)
InternetOnTomtom2.jpg

Stay connected ;) ;) ;)

help to install tomtom internet browser

Hello,

i finally managed to configure the network and have internet on my tomtom ;)
As usual it is on Tomtomheaven

Do you know any "mobile" site to test?

(it must be simple as Dillo is very limited...)
InternetOnTomtom2.jpg

Stay connected ;) ;) ;)
--------------------------------------------

I click the icon and it simply throws me back to the status screen. Do i have to do anything else besides unzipping the zip file to tomtom's root

help installing tomedillo

I click the icon and it simply throws me back to the status screen. Do i have to do anything else besides unzipping the zip file to tomtom's root

I'm having the same experience as angelmanz & borisattva ... the icon displays, but if I click it, nothing happens...

also can anyone direct us to a site (or post instructions) on how to set up a network???

... I'd love to be able to take my TT into a coffee shop and browse the inet.

Thanks!

The posted program relied on a bluetooth connection to your phone for it's internet browser to function AFAIK. My guess is that subsequent TomTom firmware updates have eliminated this program's compatibility. Tethering your phone to your Tomtom might establish a connection, but without a browser it wouldn't accomplish anything. For what it's worth, Garmin's nuvi 295 does offer exactly what you're requesting: A wi-fi enabled web browser, no phone required, for those coffee-shop moments. :)

For what it's worth, Garmin's nuvi 295 does offer exactly what you're requesting: A wi-fi enabled web browser, no phone required, for those coffee-shop moments. :)

Hmm,

I agree what Tom Tom needs is a tough competitor who is right on the heels.

This is good for us the customers. A loyal following only makes a company more and more arrogant.

If there is no loyal following then it makes the company sweat it out and as a result produce good results.

Ask a Question