Visiting from the UK

Hi, I'm visiting Arizona from the UK and I brought my TomTom One Europe with me. I've purchased a USA and Canada map card but when I insert it in the TomTom it freezes up. The only way to unfreeze seems to be to remove the card and press the reset button. I took it into Circuit City today to ask their FireDog dept for help but after 4 hours they gave up....does anyone out there know what to do to get this to work?

Is it possible the map card does not contain the TT application? If so, it will not work without copying all the files/folders(except the UK map folder) from the internal memory to the map card(use windows explorer or TT Home application). Then restart the TT. You may have to reset it a time or two. But to recap, the TT application has to be on the map card also, as the internal and SD slot work independantly, one or the other.

I thought of this explanation too, but the fact that it freezes the unit makes me think that it's more likely some corrupt files on the card.

I wonder what is on the card. Is it possible to put it in a card reader?

Last edited:
Thanks, guys, I sent a query off to TomTom as well as your forum and their reply was to just plug in the card, go to preferences on the TT and chose Swap Map .... unfortunately with the card installed it all freezes so I can't get that far. I can only think the card is a bad one....pity, I'll just have to find my way around with a street map.

I am sorry you were not able to get your TT working. That is a bit of a pain no doubt. And to read paper street maps:confused:

Welcome to the states......... or the colonies.:)

Members online

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boutron

Latest Threads

Back