TTF Upgrade

Is there a way to freshen my attached files without replying to my own post?

Thanks! I have done my edit so I promise not to pester you for a while.:)

But isn't there a problem with that?

If you do a reply, everyone can see there is a new post and will go and look if they are interested.
But if youjust edit an old post, I don't think there will be any notification in the index page that it has been updated.

If you do a reply, everyone can see there is a new post and will go and look if they are interested.
But if you just edit an old post, I don't think there will be any notification in the index page that it has been updated.
Andy,
Funny you should bring that up.
Last night I was sending some replies to someone in Europe. 10 PM here in Toronto is in the middle of the night over there.
I was just about to Submit Reply when I realised that the recipient would not get a notification of the edit and it was a crucial reply to his last question.
I cancelled the edit and made a new post.
Inversely, while I was out for several hours today the other party sent an important question in the form of an edit. Lucky for both of us that edit was sent before I clicked the Link in the eMail notification, thereby seeing the complete, edited post..
As busy as I have been the last few days I would have missed the edit hat it been sent after my reading of the original post.

(Inside joke for Andy: I was almost attempted to tell Thomas what you said above.)

Cheers,
Arno

Is there a way to freshen my attached files without replying to my own post?

Thanks! I have done my edit so I promise not to pester you for a while.:)

But if youjust edit an old post, I don't think there will be any notification in the index page that it has been updated.

Logged in tonite to update the mentioned post. The edit feature is once again disabled.

Andy,
I don't like replying to myself in a forum, people might start talking about me talking to myself :) and it makes it appear that I am bumping my post to the top of the forum for the wrong reasons since there is no way to modify the post title/subject line to "updated", etc. , I would hate for it to appear that it's just some self-grandiosing nutcase replying to itself again :)

I guess it's just a sign of the times that many forums across internetland have disabled the edit feature due to all the bots and rude temperments

I don't like replying to myself in a forum, people might start talking about me talking to myself and it makes it appear that I am bumping my post to the top of the forum for the wrong reasons since there is no way to modify the post title/subject line to "updated", etc. , I would hate for it to appear that it's just some self-grandiosing nutcase replying to itself again
In the past I often corrected posts but as Andy pointed out, if there is anything of substance to be corrected, not just orthography, make a new post so all subscribers to the thread are getting notified, if so selected.

There is a simple way of referring to your former post without repeating it by imbedding a Link to it. Start a new post like
"This us an update on (additional information to) this post." (or whatever makes sense).

In the top right corner of that previous post is the consecutive number in its thread. Double click and copy the URL in the address bar, highlight the word in the current post that is to become the Link. Click the blue globe (Insert Link) in the tool bar of the composition window, right click the field and insert the copied URL.
While the word is still highlighted, click on the B for bold to make the Link stand out once posted.

Anyone remembering your original will just read the correction/clarification, others can just click on the Link to see what it was all about.

Final suggestion. After typing, Preview Post and click on the Link, just in case!
It could be beneficial, Don't ask how I know.

Ask a Question