TT540tm

I bought 540tm . So it says on a box, but nothing on the unit itself. When I connected to Tomtom Home it

shows as TomTom XXL . Sticker on the unit says TomTom XXL. All updates including lifetime map went

trought without any problems. How can I find out if it is the real 540tm ?

Thank you for any help

Last edited:
There is no model just called a ONE XXL.

For example, I have a 540 World Traveller unit here (not the 't' or 'm' models, they aren't available in Canada).

On the unit, if I tap the satellite bars and then tap the application version number, the next screen at the top says:

TomTom XXL IQ Routes Edition

and it gets this information from a text file in the root of the unit, ttgo.bif, where the second line says:

DeviceName=TomTom XXL IQ Routes Edition

That what I have too. But my question was how can I find model number? Is it 540 or 535 or something else? Thank you.

If you have map of Mexico, you probably have a 540 series. I think the 535 only comes as a "T" model with lifetime traffic. Not sure how to get the unit to ID itself using the TOMTOM model designations, but Home or TOMTOM site software knows. Mine tells me:
TOMTOM XXL IQ Routes Edition
xxl 2009_PLUS_2048_tts_black

Cheers,
kev

I know that the 540S WorldTraveler Edition and the 540TM World Traveler Edition (WTE) serial numbers both start with RZ. As a matter of fact when I was trying to determine if my 540S did in fact have lifetime maps (as the seller had advertised) I was told by TT that it was a TM WTE(not S) model despite not having a certificate for the lifetime maps. When I pursued this more with TT they ended up telling me (in a round about way) that the 540S and the 540TM were in fact the same except the TM comes in a different box (i.e. with TM on it) and has a lifetime map certificate.

This info is for the WTE version, not sure if this applies to the bsic 540S or TM (non-WTE).

Ask a Question