TT one v4

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom One v4
Hi all,
Just got my TT1 v4 last week. I have to say as a GPS newbie, this thing is pretty awesome. I've been throughout your forum and have already had most questions answered. Great forum, keep up the great work. I'm in the AF and know a little about GPS in relation to aircraft, the TT1 has impressed me. One question I have is, as I drive here on base, one road is red dashed and the One, for whatever reason, doesn't like me on this road. It keeps routing me around it until I get to a specific intersection. Then the road turns solid red and the One finally relaxes and doesn't keep telling me to turn off. Any suggestions? This road has been here for 20+ years and is a main thoroughfare through the base.

Thanks again,
Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

Any chance that road might have been restricted to military access at some point in the past? Given that the TT ONE is for civilian use, I'm guessing that although it's aware of the road's existence, it won't route you through it because it's military.

That's all I can think of. Otherwise, welcome and I'm also a happy new TT ONE owner.

-N-

Yeah, I think it has something to do with the military base. I had to deliver soemthing to Barksdale near Shreveport and had a similar problem. Glad you're enjoying your TT One!

Yeah, I think it has something to do with the military base. I had to deliver soemthing to Barksdale near Shreveport and had a similar problem. Glad you're enjoying your TT One!

That's funny, as I just had the opposite problem.

Was trying to route around some severe Rte 128 traffic in the Boston area and my TT tried to send me through the local AFB where the road is guard controlled and civilians can't get through .....

Gotta blame TeleAtlas for that one .... :p

LT

Hi Jimmy,

Any chance that road might have been restricted to military access at some point in the past? Given that the TT ONE is for civilian use, I'm guessing that although it's aware of the road's existence, it won't route you through it because it's military.

That's all I can think of. Otherwise, welcome and I'm also a happy new TT ONE owner.

-N-

This answers a question I had when navigating to a friends house who lives in a gated community. Tomtom stated I had reached my destination at the gate, and gave no further voice instructions. However, the route was visibly displayed using the dashed line for the road...and took me straight to my friend's house.

Apparently this is done to prevent tomtom from routing folks through areas that are restricted from public access....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flowerlady

Latest Threads

Back