TT 1 LE Hangup

Got new TT1 LE yesterday and was very pleased but after loading my home location and two favorite destinations all looked well on the demos I ran and then it locked up on me. Screen went white with a narrow vertical red line in the center. I had it connected to my computer for about an hour and the green light showed charging, while I was using it to examine features. When it went blank and the vertical red line was on the screen it was not hooked to my laptop. I could not shut it off or get it to respond in any way. left it as was last night and this morning it was off. Got in my car with it and hooked it to lighter socket and turned it on and it has worked fine for me going to church and back home today? Any ideas why it hung up and have you experienced the vertical red line on white screen!! Could it have been the battery ran down or needed charging?? Thanks for comments....

These things are often mysterious, but you should always try the reset with a paperclip. This trick fixes a lot of lockups. Waiting for the battery to run down just takes too long.

46Jimbo, thanks but the SD slot and the reset hole are covered by a glued paper sticker saying "maps of usa and Canada are pre-installed". Guess I should remove the sticker.. Have you experienced this white screen/red vertical line? Do youknow what it meant??

No, I've never seen this sort of screen you describe.

Remove the sticker. I think they put it there because some people are confused and think they need and SD card for it to work (like a camera must have one).

Welcome to the forum. I hope you have your problem solved. Strange things do happen with the units but it keeps us thinking:) .

Members online

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedaller

Latest Threads

Back