Tomtom, where am I?

Just got my tomtom one v2 for father's day. Turn it on and it says that I'm 4 miles from where I really am. What gives? Called support and told to download gps fix. Did that and got the same thing. Is there a way to fix this?

Last edited:
I've noticed lately that everytime I connect to TT HOME, it downloads QuickGPSFix (today for exmaple). Perhaps getting the latest 'fix' will help.

Also, try and wait to get a lot more than 3 satellites. In my case, I have usually between 8-11 sats.

If it doesn't, I would probably contact TT support and let them know as I am out of ideas why it is way off.

I checked with a friend of mine who works with GPS navigation systems for the military and he said that at least 4 satellities need for accurate placement.

Thanks guys for your input. I was told by TT tech support that the sats rotate around every 4 days and should try again after that time. In the meantime I'll update my gps fixes and wait for greater than 3 sats to appear.

Maybe that location 4 miles away is where you should be. ;).. go check it out...

Ditto everyone else. Are you inside a house when you turn this on? That will severely inhibit your ability to pick up satellites. What happens when you are outside?

Ask a Question