The Dougler is Go

TomTom Model(s)
Hello all. I just got myself a Go 910,will mainly be using it Los Angeles, and will sync it to Home on a Mac running OSX 10.4.

One initial question that I have is how to take advantage of my free map update. I purchased less than 30 days ago and currently have map V. 610 (or something in the 6's) and would like to get the V7 map. I found where to purchase them on tomtom.com, but how do I get that price tag erased?

Thanks to everyone for all the great tips and tricks on the forum; I'll be adding my own as I discover them.

Hello all. I just got myself a Go 910,will mainly be using it Los Angeles, and will sync it to Home on a Mac running OSX 10.4.

One initial question that I have is how to take advantage of my free map update. I purchased less than 30 days ago and currently have map V. 610 (or something in the 6's) and would like to get the V7 map. I found where to purchase them on tomtom.com, but how do I get that price tag erased?

Thanks to everyone for all the great tips and tricks on the forum; I'll be adding my own as I discover them.

If you load TomTom Home 2.x (the most current version) you can load the map by hitting the drop-down for "File" then select "Use Latest Map Guarantee" after you find your device. Make sure you back up the device before doing anything...

You didn't happen to grow up in Northeast Ohio (Madison) did you? I know a Doug that lives out there now (graphics designer (probably uses a MAC), used to call himself "the Doug" back in high school...

Thom Boles

Nope, luckily I am not from Ohio. ;)

I'm from Chicago but moved out to LA for the entertainment industy.

Thanks for the the map help, I'll take a look at Home when I get home.

Can someone link me to a download of the latest version of Home for mac. The TT site gives me Home 1.5 which is what I already have. Is this the latest version for Mac? If so how do I get the map upgrade through home 1.5 because the file drop down doesn't have the latest map option

Sorry man, but HOME 2 isn't compatible to Mac yet. Don't worry, your not missing much. I always use HOME 1.5

Try contacting TT Support
1 866 486 6866 (available 8:30AM to 7:00PM EST Mon - Fri and 9:00AM to 5:00PM EST Saturdays)

Sorry man, but HOME 2 isn't compatible to Mac yet. Don't worry, your not missing much. I always use HOME 1.5

actually that information is a little off... Mac Home 2.1 is installed in my MacBook, however the "Use latest map Guarentee" not not enabled on the Mac.... I suggest you borrow a friends PC up update it.... or check out a program like "Parallels" or VmWare's Fusion, to run a copy of windows long enough to install the PC version and do the update.

That is how I did it. I recommend leaving the Parallels on all the time though. You can get a free 30 day trial at http://www.parallels.com/

i called tech support yesterday (12/03) and they gave me a link to home 1.6 and put the map in my account before i hung up the phone. Easy as

Members online

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve S

Latest Threads

Back