So is totm to mtraffic available for 630?

TomTom Model(s)
Go Live1535
In looking thru the manual it appears that tom tom traffic is available for the 630 .. I do get weather updates thru my blu- tooth cellphone so it would appear I have the right wireless web..
But in trying to activate it says my account is no longer active or needs to be active.. ?
Do I have to use a credit card up font for this??

Then in exploring the web site it appears it is a $249 package.. Is this right?

and then the web site says the red light cameras is free but I cannot get to the right area of the website to get this too..

I'm a bit reluctant in paying $249 for updated maps when there is no assurance that their maps are correct now.

Then in exploring around the web I t also appears to be software comanies that would want to download their won maps to your device for a fee .. Does Tom To allow this??

Whoa!!!!

Something is wrong if they are charging $249.

First of all, getting traffic via bluetooth phone WAS part of Plus services which are not available in Canada (or the States) anymore. Why you get weather, I don't know.

Next, your unit can use a rds-tmc traffic antenna which supposedly includes 1 year service and then is $60 to renew. But know this, traffic coverage for BC is limited to Vancouver.

See here to get to the coverage map for Vancouver & area.

On page 3 of main menu, go to TT Services, Safety Cameras, and what do you see there?

Map updates are much less than that what is quoted. A NEW unit is less than that these days! :eek:

When you turn on the 630, you are at the menu screen. right arrow twice to page 3 of the main menu.

I am NOT talking about the 'Change Preference' screens.

oh yes of course and it is that screen that I get the message :
( that I posted i n the first paragraph above) -

""But in trying to activate it says my account is no longer active or needs to be active.. ?""

Login with the same user ID and password that you use in Tomtom HOME.

It's in preferences -> Mytomtom account

The device still supports PLUS (bluetooth) traffic, but PLUS traffic no longer provides data in Canada. So you need a traffic antenna. Look for the cheap <$20 antennas on Ebay, the ones with the round plug are real cheap and work with a 630.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvic

Latest Threads

Back