SKD registry

If TomTom eliminates access to the SDK registry, does that mean no more custom splash screens or any customizing of the units? Could you still add your own POI's and addresses?

What would be the final effect caused to users?

Msteers

I am positive adding POIs and adresses would remain, as they are part of the TomTom functionality. Since a custom splash screen just takes replacing the stock image with a new one, I would think that would remain also. It all depends on how far TomTom would like to lock the unit down. My 910 has the custom splash screen fuction built in. I just choose an image from the hard drive for the spash screen.

What may be disabled is the other apps like Tripmaster.

If they make a change to the software that is not backward compatible (which rousillat says every update so far has not been backward compatible), all apps compiled under the old SDK will not run.

As much as I like the tweakability of the current software, if they put the Tripmaster functionality into the TomTom software, I would still be happy.

Last edited:
The SDK registry folder holds the custom icon files and custom menu file. If we were denied access to that folder I would assume the third party apps would be crippled because we need those icons to call the applications.

You would, however, still be able to add POI's and change your splash/suspend screen.

Ask a Question