Request: 2005 Silver Scion xB & 92 Black Wrangler!

Well, couldn't find a rear view of the Scion anywhere (I think they're too ugly, ha ha :rolleyes: ), but here's one for a '92 Black Wrangler. Hope it works for you.

Last edited:
very cool...

Would it be too much to ask to remove the soft top on the jeep:eek:
Thanks.
p.s. i can email you pics of both cars if it helps...

Last edited:
Couldn't find the a Wrangler with a hard top, but will this work? (You really can't see that much detail on a small cursor)

Last edited:
actual photo...

Here's an actual photo of my Wrangler. I just don't know how to add the red transparent layer in the background. Could you do anything with this?

Attachments

• wrangler2.bmp
    17.2 KB · Views: 422
Ok, here it is. Hope this one works for you.
< edit >
Cleaned up around windshield and greyed out your blank tag. I think it looks better that way.

Last edited:
Wow!!!

That is so awesome. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you doing that. It looks so cool. Is there a tutorial somewhere that will tell me how to add the red layer so I don't have to keep bothering you? I was thinking of cleaning up the area around the windshield, but when I use the eraser, it doesn't leave a red layer so it's not working.

Last edited:
That is so awesome. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you doing that. It looks so cool. Is there a tutorial somewhere that will tell me how to add the red layer so I don't have to keep bothering you?
It's really pretty easy. You did a lot of the work yourself... setting it to .bmp and sizing it to the right pixels (around 80 square). All I did is open it using MS 'Paint' program, zoom the image to custom (600 times), pick a paint brush (start with a larger one -- when getting close to the image, I use the smallest brush) and pick red (see image below -- second from bottom left)

ccpaintcolors.3.jpg

When you're done, click 'File' then 'save as' and name the file. Be sure you set it to 'bmp' and 24 bit. That's all there is to it.

I edited the image above some. See if that's better.

BTW, if you do appreciate the help, I'd appreciate a 'rep point' added. :D

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey Rick- you made me a blue F-150. Could you get me a white Eddie Baur Expedition(gold bottom) for my wife. Thanks in advance!!!!

thanks...

Nice touchup. The windshield looks great. I really appreciate the help. I've been messing around with this for the last few days. Nice of you to point me in the right direction. 1 Rep point, comin' up!:)

Hey Rick- you made me a blue F-150. Could you get me a white Eddie Baur Expedition(gold bottom) for my wife. Thanks in advance!!!!

Hi Jim,

Couldn't find an Eddie Baur model with those colors. Did find an Expedition with the gold (beige?) bottom, then changed the top color to white. Not perfect, but the best I could do. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Nice work Rick!! Thank you for the Expedition.
You're welcome Jim. Glad it's acceptable.
jafo67; said:
Has anyone tried something other than cars? Like cartoon or movie characters?
Sure, you can use any image. Just make it 80 x 80 pixels (or a bit less if needed for correct aspect ratio), make sure it's a 'bmp' image (not jpg), and surround the image with red (255). Red is converted to transparent on the TomTom.

Here's a link with numerous images. Just 'right-click' on one, save to your computer, then convert it to a 'bmp' image. (you can do that with 'Paint', then 'save as'. Be sure it's 24 bit).

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-custom-cursors.php

Thanks to anyone who can help...

I made a Scion Xb icon for my car. It is not silver but you can check it out on the HOME software under car icons. under the search engine type in Scion Xb and you will see the one I made that is a shadow mica color to match my car.

Ask a Question