Rental

Question:

If you can purchase a TomTom for roughly $250-$400. Why on earth would you be willing to put a deposit of said amount down to RENT the same unit? I saw an ad saying you can rent a TomTom (models differ) for $15/day or $50/week. But you had to leave a $300 deposit.

If you can leave the deposit... why rent? Unless you want to try it out? But then, most retailers allow for a PND to be returned within 30 days no questions asked.

I just couldn't understand that ad.

I'm assuming renting of PND's are a service exclusive to car rentals. I've only seen Hertz Car Rental give you an option of having a navigation in the car.

Nope. I can't find the ad now but you didn't have to rent a car to rent a PND. This was saying just rent the unit itself. I think the business was New York based?

Interesting. I haven't seen anything like this. I know Hertz uses Magellan units. I've heard of other car rental companies offering Garmin units. I don't know why someone would want to rent unless they were just wanting to test the unit out without the hassle of going through a return policy.

I don't know why someone would want to rent unless they were just wanting to test the unit out without the hassle of going through a return policy.
That I sort of understand... but to create a business for that reason alone? weird. I know Hertz does the nav device rental with the cars, that's what $7 more per day? So I can't understand the $15/day thing. I really wish I could find that ad again so I could post it.

Very 'cartoony' looking ad that brought me to a website that didin't appear to have ANYTHING to do with GPS. That's what really caught me... looked scam-ish to me.

Ask a Question