PocketMV

TomTom Model(s)
RiderII, Urban, Start, and PDAs
Does anyone know how to input latitude and longitude coordinates in the 'Go To Position' screen?

It doesn't appear to like positions that are west (minus numbers) of the Greeenwich Meridian.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

tarmacburner2

Rather local to me, about 5 miles away - just use the W or E option rather than trying to enter negative values on the device, if you are messing around creating a custom POI file on the PC then that will accept negative values for locations West of the 0zero degree line - Mike

Mike,
Weird - two people on what is primarily a US forum and we both live on the Fylde.

The version I am trying is 0.3.82, I don't know if there is a later version but the screen (see attached file) doesn't have any options for E or W. I've tried all the combinations I can think of but nothing seems to work.
I'm not trying to set up any POIs just trying to enter one position. The screen accepts positive numbers without a problem.

DHN,
Thanks for that, I have tried using '-' and also 'W' (both before and after the numbers).:)

I've actually emailed the author to see if he knows the answer.

I have found it to be a great piece of software for off-road purposes. It is just frustrating that I can't get this one little bit to work.

Cheers,

tarmacburner2

Attachments

• pocketmv_gotoposition.jpg
    pocketmv_gotoposition.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 416
Just loaded a map of part of England east of London (and the GM) so I could use positive number in longitude.
Loaded same map onto my PC so that I could determine a reference point. Then entered the coordinates into the PocketMV. It went to the location but didn't mark it (no flag, cross, anything that would identify the position) so it is a bit useless in that respect. Wanted to be able to pin-point rather than have a general idea of it is here somewhere.

Thanks for looking people but it would appear doomed to failure. Back to the drawing board (what did they say before the drawing board was invented?)

Cheers,

tarmacburner2

Members online

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grinch76

Latest Threads

Back