Physically detach car mount from 910

I just purchased a used 910, and the car mount base is attached. As I do not want to break what is already working, is there some trick to removing the base from the unit? I would like to test before purchasing a home dock to connect to my PC.

If you still have difficulty post again and I might be able to offer you some help. I have the 910 also.

Good to hear you solved your issue. These units are a bit more rugged than they look but that particular mount had problems already.

I just purchased a used 910, and the car mount base is attached. As I do not want to break what is already working, is there some trick to removing the base from the unit? I would like to test before purchasing a home dock to connect to my PC.

In the front of TomTom Go 910 on top there is a black button (that does not look like a button).
Press this while lifting up your car mount base. That should do the trick. I too purchased one off
Ebay with no prior instructions. Searched the internet till I stumbled upon this. Now if I could
only get that music from India off the machine . . . .bigdan51

Now if I could
only get that music from India off the machine .
You need to connect it to the PC, if you don't have a PC docking cradle and cable this is going to be rather difficult.
Use Windows Explorer to view the drive within the 910, it will appear in Windows Explorer as its own drive letter. open the folder "mp3" and delete the contents, now you can copy your own mp3 tracks to the device instead of the Indian that was on there - Mike

Members online

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan1812

Latest Threads

Back