ONE Guts!!!

Brought to you by the 1st brave soul to crack it open and tell about it....

TTF Member 'no clue'

I'm hosting/posting the images. Hopefully no clue will tell us exactly what we are looking at...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

I noticed that right off! LOL. Interesting pics, I would never have the guts to do this, but glad someone else does so I can peek!

I just order the 510. When it arrived, I will open up Tomtom ONE's metal jacket just the hack of it.

I like TT1's signal and ability to change menu, etc...
HOWEVER, the crappy, may I add, CRAPPY battery life does NOT justified this device as "PORTABLE".
________
JennyLove cam

Last edited:
Yeah I get anywhere from 2-4 hours with mine, with most of the stuff 'off' (disabled POIs and such, volume down, yadda yadda).

BUT... I have to say I LOVE the slim form factor!!! I just routed my car charger wire in a waythat it looks like it's wireless even whe plugged in.

Last edited:
Yeah I get anywhere from 2-4 hours with mine, with most of the stuff 'off' (disabled POIs and such, volume down, yadda yadda).

2-4 hours?

I turn off BT, Disable POI, volume and light at 50%, Status bar only check on the STREET name.
Today, full charge.
Heading to downtown Seattle at 1:10PM.
Arrived at 1:30PM
Turn off GPS.
Start driving again at 3:35PM
Arrived home at 4:10PM
Turn off GPS.
Driving to Whole Food at 6:10PM
Arrived at Whole Food at 6:20PM
Turn off GPS (still off from then until I arrived home)

And 3/4 battery power already GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(I am already at yellow indicator!!!)

THIS IS JUST REDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!
________
Zoloft Side Effect

Last edited:
I get 2 hours tops. It's not great, and nothing TT can brag about. The nuvi's battery is much better. But I love the form factor enough that I will love with the poor battery life. It's so easy to travel with!

Like I said... I'm wired most of the time. but I'm also lucky enough to have a cigarette lighter plug INSIDE my center console, so I just route the wires under it to the dash and up behind the dash to my top "shelf" glove box (on the Ford 500) and voila... no wires

2-4 hours?

I turn off BT, Disable POI, volume and light at 50%, Status bar only check on the STREET name.
Today, full charge.
Heading to downtown Seattle at 1:10PM.
Arrived at 1:30PM
Turn off GPS.
Start driving again at 3:35PM
Arrived home at 4:10PM
Turn off GPS.
Driving to Whole Food at 6:10PM
Arrived at Whole Food at 6:20PM
Turn off GPS (still off from then until I arrived home)

And 3/4 battery power already GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(I am already at yellow indicator!!!)

THIS IS JUST REDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!
That can't be right. Your total is 65 mins. You should be at 50%. I know I would be on mine.

That can't be right. Your total is 65 mins. You should be at 50%. I know I would be on mine.

That's why I am so fraustrated!!! Bite the bullet and just ordered the 510.
( yes yes, I will tear it apart again and hoping to replace the OEM battery w/ higher grade one.)

Call me nuts, I just hate power cord hanging over my center console. :(
________
PRILOSEC SETTLEMENTS

Last edited:
I've been using my ONE all week here in Chicago, and haven't charged it since Sunday night. My trips are only 15 minutes at a time, but I jus today got the battery icon. I would say I've used it about an hour a half total, and that's just a guess. No biggie for me, as most of my trips are small chunks to and from the hotel. :)

Wow those some interesting pictures of the inside of the TT1 now i have a question:D My TT1 has gone missing anyone seen it. I have to say it looked just like the one in the pictures. hmmmm think i found it :rolleyes: :D ;)

Ask a Question