Ogg's and sods and telephones

TomTom Model(s)
GO720T
Hi one and all,

Couple of questions if anyone can help. I've a TT720T.

1) Can the 720T play .ogg files?

2) I succeeded in connecting my telephone to the 720. No problems. Then it asked if I would like to transfer/copy the repertoire. How considerate I thought and said yes.
Two seconds after it stated it was unable to do this, incompatability with the 'phone or something antisocial.
So is there some way one can input the repertoire manually?

Lionel

The 720 can only play ogg files as warning sounds associated with POI files, you cannot play music on the device in any format other than mp3

You can create a manual file for the phone book, it needs to be called "contacts" (leave out the "") and it should be placed in the contacts folder on the device, the file format is:

"V Andy/M","012345678","DEFAULT"
"Mike Burt/M","012345678","DEFAULT"
"Alix Smith/M","012345678","DEFAULT"
"Tony Newcastle/W","012345678","DEFAULT"

You can create this using NotePad on the PC before copying it to the device, the /W equates to Work, /M equated to Mobile, /H denotes Home - Mike

It needs to be "contacts.txt" (without the "") NotePad will automatically save it with the correct file extension - Mike

Wow Thanks for the quick replies chaps,
I've located the contacts folder, it has three files in it already (called.txt, callers.txt and inbox.txt) so it seems fairly straight forward to add another.

Sorry about the 'repetoire' bit, but everything on my tomtom is in French:( it can be very confusing.However if I change to English it will totally mis-pronounce the street names; surviving in Paris traffic:eek: is difficult enough without adding to my problems.

Will get back if I manage to sod this up:)

Thanks again

Lionel

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garoutte07

Latest Threads

Back