NoCal to Legoland/Carlsbad

TomTom Model(s)
One
Hey, all,

Took the TT1 (and my family) to Legoland. Had the new maps installed and a few POIs.

First off, the new Rest Stop POIs were perfect. It was great being able to see how far it was to the next rest stop along our route. It took me a bit to figure out how to use this feature... Just be aware that, once you select "along route", your route changes, so if you do another "along route", it will be along the second route and not the original (route). Got it?

I notice that a few of the roads were missing along I5 (major interstate highway) and once I saw a street name without a street! Otherwise, the new maps worked flawlessly.

I wished I had downloaded the Best Buy POI because my wife's digital camera battery died in the first hour at Legoland and, since it was my son's 8th birthday, she was having a fit. She called a Best Buy, but when asked if they could charge it up for us, they refused... so, being the "good" husband, my wife gave me directions and I ran out of the park. I should have just had her give me the address and plugged THAT into the TT1 (hindsight!).

I then had to run to the hotel to start the charging (already a Favorite in the TT1) and then back to Legoland (also a Favorite). After a few hours (and for lunch), we exited the park to run back to the hotel. My wife happily ended the Legoland with a flash card full of pictures!

Some of the benefits we noted in having the TT1:
- It was GREAT knowing ETAs (especially when the kids ask "How much longer?").
- Seeing the options for gas and food travel by on the screen gave me comfort... especially getting off the freeway in unknown terrortory.

Some of the detriments:
-Going through LA and endless "In 1 mile, bear left then... keep left. Bear left then... keep left" (Argh!)
- Throughout the trip, a road indicator would be at the top right of the screen (never noticed this before). This would be big enough to not be able to see POI icons that were upcomming. (Anyone know how to turn this off or move it?)

TomTom was great! Another long trip where it was certainly worth having it!

Now it's time to do all the wash...

It sounded like a great and fun trip. I guess how can Legoland not be eh? :D

I wished I had downloaded the Best Buy POI

Even though I have the BestBuy POI, I believe the Retail Store POI (freely available from the TT online store) has Best Buy locations in there.

Anyway, great story and thanks for sharing.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
esensall

Latest Threads

Back