my 910 experience, and ? about 510 vs 910

I just bought a 910.

We have been using a Microsoft Streets and Trips to input customer data. I found a very cool little program that will convert a Microsoft S&T map to a .ov2 TomTom map. I loaded that file along with the .gif to the North American folder on my 910. Everything worked great.

The "VS" part: I don't think most of my drivers will use the Bluetooth features available on the 910. Can I save some $$s and return the 910 and buy some 510s and load the custom .ov2 file I created to a 510? If not is there a less expensive TomTom that I can load that .ov2 file to?

Thanks,

very cool little program

I just bought a 910.

We have been using a Microsoft Streets and Trips to input customer data. I found a very cool little program that will convert a Microsoft S&T map to a .ov2 TomTom map. I loaded that file along with the .gif to the North American folder on my 910. Everything worked great.

The "VS" part: I don't think most of my drivers will use the Bluetooth features available on the 910. Can I save some $$s and return the 910 and buy some 510s and load the custom .ov2 file I created to a 510? If not is there a less expensive TomTom that I can load that .ov2 file to?

Thanks,

What programme is that?

Yes you can. However it's not a .gif file for the POI icon it uses, but a .bmp 22 x 22.

Yup, very cool.

This forum just saved us $400. I will be returning the 910 I bought, and pick up two TT1s. I love all the features on the 910, but I don't think we will use any of them.

Now I know what to do with these two 2gb SDs I have sitting here on my desk. :)

Thanks for all your help!

Ask a Question