Is my ONE drunk?

TomTom Model(s)
ONE
I've used my ONE before to follow along as I drive in the Washington DC area (no planned route) and it tracked me just fine, sticking to the roads.

I'm now up in western Maryland (Deep Creek) and had it turned on to follow along and the ONE was all over the map. Not sticking to the roads, weaving and jumping around like it was drunk. So I quickly planned a route and it stuck to the roads and worked fine. Canceled the route and it was back weaving and jump all over the roads.

Anyone have a clue why?

Just a guess

But did you switch it to Walking or Bicycle Routes?
(don't know if it makes a difference, but worth a try).

I agree with digital.
Try a reset. This shouldn't happen unless roads are too closely together like constant freeway exits, etc

Hey guys, I'll try a reset. As further example, I was driving through the state park which the road runs along the lake and the ONE had me swimming with the fishes then jumping to the road and back and forth. Again "Planned route" has me firmly planted on the road.

It almost sounds like the unit can't get a fixed location on you. I know when I don't have a GPS signal (because I'm inside a building or tunnel) it can still plan a route for you because it remembers your last location.

Have you downloaded the latest QuickGPSFix?

Updated quickfix before leaving town. Another question, is there a difference between "reset" and "hard reset" and if yes - what are they?

It almost sounds like the unit can't get a fixed location on you. I know when I don't have a GPS signal (because I'm inside a building or tunnel) it can still plan a route for you because it remembers your last location.

Have you downloaded the latest QuickGPSFix?

Updated quickfix before leaving town. Another question, is there a difference between "reset" and "hard reset" and if yes - what are they?

According to TT

Soft Reset: is depressing the button located on the bottome of the device, you should hold it for about 30 seconds. This does not delete any of your settings such as itineraries or favorites.

Hard Reset: is done by going through Main Menu>Change Preferences>Reset Factory Settings which will delete your favourites and itineraries.

Link

Members online

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
esensall

Latest Threads

Back