How to do screendump?

That link that Birdman had setup must have been erased. It's almost 3 years ago that it was made.

Just go back to previous page for how to do this.

It's a 2+ year old thread you're posting in, you know ....:D

Anyway:
1. Use Explorer to look at the contents of your unit. Create a folder called screen that goes in the root of the unit.
2. Within that folder, create (using Notepad) a file called capture with NO extension and NOTHING in the file. Make sure the file does not really get saved as capture.txt or it will not work. Control Panel-->Folder Options-->View-->Advanced, make sure 'hide extension for known file types is UNCHECKED.
3. When you want to do a screen dump, tap in the top left of your screen and you'll hear a shutter sound.
4. When you look at the contents of the folder screen using Explorer, you'll see a file or files with random numbers and a .jpg extension (or is it .bmp, I don't remember).

That's it.

If you've done the steps and it is not working, your issue is probably with step 2, the file not named properly.

I found on another site to do screendump/screencapture on TTG910 executing the following:

Inside the TomTom GO 910

cat /dev/fb > /mnt/sdcard/capture.raw

It says to execute from a shell or writing shell script. However you need a serial cable to connect and then running it. From another site, it said it was doable using BT to connect then run the script.

In anycase, since I don't have serial and my comp. has no BT, I can't even try it out. But when TTG loads, it runs the cleanup.txt file. Is it possible to put something in there to run it instead?

Following Suntime app instruction,

daemon|suntime/sumtime|

I tried

daemon|cat /dev/fb > /capture.raw

but it didn't work.

I also tried

daemon|sleep 10; cat /dev/fb > /capture.raw

But it didn't work either. No file was created.

Anyone knows an easy way to do screen capture??

This works on all models I have tried it on.

Screen Captures On Your TomTom

Can't tell you exactly what they were but glad I found the info.

It's a 2+ year old thread you're posting in, you know ....:D

Anyway:
1. Use Explorer to look at the contents of your unit. Create a folder called screen that goes in the root of the unit.
2. Within that folder, create (using Notepad) a file called capture with NO extension and NOTHING in the file. Make sure the file does not really get saved as capture.txt or it will not work. Control Panel-->Folder Options-->View-->Advanced, make sure 'hide extension for known file types is UNCHECKED.
3. When you want to do a screen dump, tap in the top left of your screen and you'll hear a shutter sound.
4. When you look at the contents of the folder screen using Explorer, you'll see a file or files with random numbers and a .jpg extension (or is it .bmp, I don't remember).

That's it.

If you've done the steps and it is not working, your issue is probably with step 2, the file not named properly.

Posted my reply before I seen this. Same info. It works well.

Members online

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martinvangalen

Latest Threads

Back