Hiya all!

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom GO 920
Hello there felllow TomTom-nians :D

I'm from NYC, just bought a TomTom Go 920 from tigerdirect.com, wife and I love to travel and we rent alot, and we are tired of paying extra for a GPS device so we figure that we might as well purchase one ... I know that this GPS will pay itself in the long run lol

Also I'm planning to purchase a vehicle ( i know what you guys must be thinking "is he crazy buying a car in new york!!!?" , well...yes I am crazy, but I'm also tired of renting every time we want to go upstate or out of state lol

Welcome! Though the 920 certainly has areas we all agree could be improved, I like my 920; have had it almost a year now. Enjoy, read the tips for new members (e.g. be sure you get the free map upgrade you're entitled to), and don't download the next firmware release unless you're willing to be a guinea pig. ;-) The current firmware (8.010) is great; I'm very happy with it.

Welcome. Before you do anything else, make a complete backup of the unit's contents using Explorer, not Home. Ensure hidden files/folders are showing as are extensions for known file types.

And, now that you've found this site, don't hestitate to visit any time you have questions or concerns.

Ask a Question