Hi all

Hello from suunny U.K, I have ordered my TT910 and it should be with me in the next few days. Then I expect the questions will begin but until then I will read and read and read and read...................

Thanks for the welcome, I received my 910 today and what a lot of bits in the box, methinks I will leave the playing until the morning.:)

MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP IT FIRST!

I just got mine and have spent several hours fixing it with help here and tech support! If I didnt have a backup I would have been screwed. Backup takes 40 min or so.

Latest APP version is 6.525....HOME is 1.5 build 106
Have antivirus running there is the possibility of getting some trojans...copy.exe and another I cant remember the name. Tech support stated to quarrantine them..they will not affect the Tom Tom.

I will make a post here in a day or so on what I did...if you have ???'s post em or PM me and Ill try to walk you thru what I did!

Have a great time with it!

I backed mine up twice, prior to and after updating and thankfully no virus flagged up. My computer runs in paranoid mode so anything naughty and the computer would have told me off.

Outstanding!!!

Just remember each time you backup and save a different name the TT will put all that data on your computer.

HOME is smart enough to tell you if you will run out of disk space on your HDD.

I keep 2 backups now....
1) The initial backup which I will never change.
2) The current working backup that is in the machine.

I MAY have a third backup for tweaks and mods. Gotta have some space for that...LOL

If you get the new maps then you can keep BOTH versions on the TT. Just go to Manage Maps from preferences to pick whichever one you use and the versions can be seen from tapping the GPS signal block, then tap on version on the green screen. (thanks Pedro and digital flex).

You can also use the synchronize function that will update just the things you have changed but I am pretty anal when it comes to mods on software so I will only synch to the number 3 when I start modding/tweaking.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevel52

Latest Threads

Back