Hello from sunny England

Hi there - just found this forum, so I thought I'd join.

I'm on my second GO 730T - first one went back because the audio out socket broke (after 3 days!). I've had Tomtom devices since V2 on PDAs so I think I understand them. My wife has a 930 which I upgraded to a "T" by buying an RDS cable from Currys (in the UK) which they seem to be selling off for 90% discount! (I wish I'd known before I got mine).

I also have a Garmin Zumo for the bikes - it's interesting comparing them.

Alan

Welcome to TTF!

Think you'll be pleasantly surprised to know that many Brits are members of this Forum including mikealder, whom I believe you know.

Another new member from England

It must be something about the current unusually hot and sunny weather thats driven those in the UK to seek shelter inside at their PCs and join this forum ;)

I regularly use TomTom Navigator 6.032 with the Western Europe 6.75 map on my HTC TyTN II Windows Mobile 6.0 phone. After 'updating' it to the HTC WM 6.1 ROM and reinstalling Navigator, I found the GPS performance deteriorated markedly so it's back on the original WM 6.0 ROM again.

I would really like to see TomTom Management provide an upgrade path for those TTN 6 users who want newer maps - either by making a newer version of TTN available as an upgrade to those with suitable equipment or making newer maps backwards compatible. Currently they're missing out on additional income from customers such as myself and I'm stuck with maps which are in many ways very outdated. There's no way I'll buy a dedicated piece of TomTom Hardware (I have no car or motorbike, just my bicycle with handlebar mount), nor will I upgrade my phone as the TyTN II's successor the Touch Pro 2, doesn't even come with GPS software here. Navigator/Map compatibility upgrades are the only way forward for me.

Paul

Not as an upgrade and only on devices it comes with

I thought that there is now a TT7 Navigator??
Only for supply on the devices it comes embedded into the ROM on. As this is not the case with the HTC TyTN II (or even that phones true successor, the Touch Pro 2 - the original Touch Pro which did come with TTN 7 in some locations, never had a titling screen), TyTN II users are left with no official upgrade path (not that I'd want to have to get a new phone just so I can get updated maps). The real reason why remains a mystery because TomTom could be making more money if they listened to loyal customers and provided an upgrade path. In this current economic climate I would have thought they'd be keen to expand and explore every possible market opportunity so their behaviour makes no sense to me.:confused:

[Edit] Now that Mike has pointed out below that Navigator is now available for general purchase, the above is out of date.

Last edited:
Can we have the forum name changed to include Navigator version 7 now please?

Thanks for that important update Mike. When I last checked with TomTom not too long ago (and wrote letters/emails to them about this), what I wrote was correct so that new website is news to me. It looks like they've finally come to their senses. ?89 is to expensive for me at the moment so I'll be waiting for a reduced price downloadable 'upgrade' (not full) version to come along. At least they're not snubbing customers anymore though, which is great news:)

Can we have the forum name amended to include Navigator version 7 now please Mr (or is it Mrs/Miss/Ms/Doctor) Moderator/Admin person?

Last edited:

Ask a Question