Hello from new owner of GO 910

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910
Hello to all here. I just purchased a GO 910 and am happy after a disappointing beginning due to a faulty (I thought) product which froze after a few minutes and I exchanged for a new one. :mad: :) I am very cautious of using Home for updating my tt because I read that TT software gets corrupted. I am using Windows explorer to do tasks such as uploading my MP3s. Any suggestions on whether I should update my software using Home will be useful. Secondly, once in a while I lose the sound while playing MP3, without affecting the spoken GPS directions. After resetting the problem goes away. Anyone else had this problem? I also am worried about the mount unable to hold the unit where set, but continue to droop.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome. I'm not familiar with the 610...do you mean the 910?

Updating to the latest version of HOME is a good idea because you can get the latest updates. It's just backing up that it tends to mess up especially with the 910 units. I personally haven't had any problems backing up using HOME on my TT1. You are doing the right thing however using Windows Explorer to make backups to prevent any corruption.

welcome!
is your mount drooping? Have you locked the mount for 2 clicks? check my signature for a video clip on how to mount the unit.

calling poi

does anyone know how to dial poi or get rid of the + sign before the number. is anyone else having this problem and how to solve it. can't dial poi phone numbers because of this. thank you

I've had the same problem in the past. My phone thinks Im making an international call and was charged for them until we called and explained it wasn't an international call.

welcome!
is your mount drooping? Have you locked the mount for 2 clicks? check my signature for a video clip on how to mount the unit.

Yes, I tightened the mount by turning the suction cup wheel by two clicks and beyond. But it still drooped. So I have compromised by relocating the TT such that one of its corner rests on the surface above the dash board.

Try contacting TT Support
1 866 486 6866 (available 8:30AM to 7:00PM EST Mon - Fri and 9:00AM to 2:00PM EST Saturdays)

Ask a Question