Hello from Mississippi

TomTom Model(s)
3rd edition
Buying a TomTom from daughter, she didn't like it. I can't find the model number. She bought it at Wal-Mart and all I can find is 3rd edition. It is about 3 weeks old.

I don't know anything about them...so anyone want to give me a run down on what all my TomTom will do and what it would have done if she had bought a higher priced one? :eek:

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Judy and welcome to the forum, you can log into to TomTom Home with your GPS plugged into the computer, if you have the instruction book with you just read it and it will get you started, once plugged into the computer you can play with it, You should have a DVD Disk that you need to load on your computer "FIRST", hope that helps you out, there are many on here who are more knowledgeable than I am, Kinda a newbie myself.

Hey Eld nope I ask daughter last night where was the software and she said it came with none so I read the whats in the box and Nope none came with it...Whaaat? So how do I run this thang? What I mean with update an all. Is there some where I can get the software?

Thanks for your reply Eld!

You could log into TomTom.com and set up an account (if one has not been done as yet), go to the Support page, select your model of TomTom unit and, on that page, you'll see a link to download the latest software (TomTom Home). You could then download and install it and, with your unit connected, let the Home software find updates for your unit.

But first, use Explorer to BACKUP the entire contents of your unit to a folder on your hard drive. Make sure Windows is set via Control Panel--Folder options--View--Advanced--to unhide extensions for known file types and to also to show hidden files.

Thanks *dhn* and *Jimbow*

OK, I am going to download the darkest green one that says HOME for the Go and ONE devises and I am also gong to show hidden files on the PC many many Thanks!

Welcome and it sounds like you have the tomtom one. I think walmart only carries one and xl. Higher end models you'll find at bb and cc.

I think the one is ok, I have the ONE XL and I'm very satisfied with it so far, I don't a lot of the fancy stuff and work quite well with the more basic type, mine has done everything I needed so far and so easy to use, I use mine a lot on the motorcycle for finding locations that I need as a Patriot Guard Rider and so far finding the churches and other places for these funerals it has taken me right there, so I'm sure if you are not in the high techie stage it will get you where you want to go fairly easy............:cool:

Ask a Question