Commercial Vehicle Restrictions - New York Area

TomTom Model(s)
Go 920
Well, my one year latest map guarantee is up in 5 weeks, and since I just got the 825 maps, I think those are the last maps I'll be getting for a while. This being the case I now consider my manually entered map corrections to have a longer life expectancy, so I bit the bullet and spent 3 hours today "blocking" all of the roads in Staten Island, Brooklyn and Queens, so that I can be routed, and re-route to my heart's content, without having to avoid part of the route every time. Since these changes are not generally applicable for other users, I did not share these changes when entering them, but I would like to share these changes with others who might benefit. I know that maps are keyed to each device, and that Map Share changes are map version-specific. Is it possible for me to copy/share specific files from my map folder (or elsewhere) and have someone else use them to apply the same restrictions to their maps?

Others have asked about that, Michael. Let me say that I am not sure about what I'm gonna say ;)

Check with Explorer whether you have a file, either in the root of your unit or in your map folder called userpatch.dat. If so, check the date and does it match the date you made the mapshare changes? I think (but am not sure) that is the file containing your changes.

If it is, you could try to get someone else with that map version to agree to be sent that file by you and then compare changes in the same location.

I have to head out in about 20 minutes with these changes in place, so I'm not going to experiment, or even poke around, until later, but your comment has me worried. What I did was copy my "North America" map to an SD card, change to that map in TomTom, and then make my changes, intending to leave the original maps unchanged. If the change information is stored somewhere other than the map folder, I may have unintentionally affected my original maps. :eek:

I'll check things out after I get back today and see just what I've done.

I'm now recalling that my "fix" for iDEN (Nextel) phones worked, but didn't go as planned. Using an older firmware and map on an SD card, I made changes to the phone pairing, and those changes stuck even after removing the SD card.

Ask a Question