back to TT?

TomTom Model(s)
XL LIVE IQ Routes
]Hi, guys. Happy new year to you all! I've been using TT in 2004-5. Now(after a few years with iGO in PDA) I am thinking to buy XL Live, especialy for IQ route and HD traffic. Can I make points/markers on map and zoom out to see them in once (to sort which way start routting to?)and evening delete them.... . Thank for reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TTF. I'm reducing the font size of your post. Just the default will work ok! :)

If you are talking about 'route optimization, TomTom's don't do that.

Last edited:
Hi dhn , thanks for editing and reply. I don't need optimisation, just simply be able to put some marks/pins on map and zoom out so I can see where are they.(see which is closest etc.) Than I will make my journey from A to first point. Finished job there. Start a new journey from B to C etc. evening when finished clear the map from temp marks...

That model does allow for the creation of favourites which will appear on the map when you go to Browse Map, I believe.

Supermod Mikealder, being UK based, is more experienced with that model and look for him to jump into this thread within 24 hours.........

The XL IQ Live supports third party custom POI files so I would simply create a custom POI file that covers all the locations you need, but, when you zoom out not all the locations will be shown on the screen as there is a limit as to what can be displayed - Mike

Thanks guys for help. I went for factory refurbished XL LIVE IQ Routes. Received today and I see map browsing is unbelievably slow (as google map with bad reception...) Can I improve it? I am hoping HD + IQ routes will work well. :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys for help. I went for factory refurbished XL LIVE IQ Routes. Received today and I see map browsing is unbelievably slow (as google map with bad reception...) Can I improve it? I am hoping HD + IQ routes will work well. :)

To get faster browsing, downgrade to app 8.x.

First backup per this link.

Then follow these steps to remove/reinstall your application. It will install 8.419. Once you install, it will ask you to restart and update again (offering 9.058), decline the second update.

Good evening, Thanx for advice mvl. It's much better. Shall stay out from futher updates? Where are favorites located, plse, so I can put them back?

Don't use Favourites, instead use the Custom POI functions to create a category called "_Favourites" and fill that up with all the addresses, in use simply use Navigate to/ POI select "_Favourites" which will be at the top of your list followed by the specific entry, POI files survive map and Navcore updates - Mike

Great Idea! Thanks

Not only Favorites are gone , All Favorites icons are greyed out.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IvorG

Latest Threads

Back