Any bona fide/reccomended UK sat nav repair services.

TomTom Model(s)
ONE XL
Hi, My first post since joining the site about a month ago. I hav a TT ONE XL which has gradually degraded during the last year. I had Western Europe, GB & Ireland maps with all the safety cameras etc. Initially it gave me great service in all areas updating wasn't a problem. I suspect a poor connection on the device mini usb is the root cause of my problems. These have excarbated to the point where I have severe difficulty connecting to TomTom Home to update the device without physically maintaining the connection. I went through an excercise of attempting to back up my device from my PC back up (Items on Computer). I took screen prints of each step right from selection of items to the imminent final download to my One XL when the download failed miserably, including error messages sent to TT support.

I would be grateful if anyone could recommend a bona fide sat nav repair service in the UK as I am 'blinded by the light' and plethora of this type of service when searching via Google. I am located in NE of England.

Thx

Thank you Andy. I've had a reply from SatNavRepairService after e-maiing details of my problems. Seems a reasonable offer so will be poting my ONE XL within a couple of days. I'll post the results of the repair/service and other info on here when I get it returned..

I sent my ONE XL with new SD card to www.satnavrepairservices.com Monday 25th. Unfortunately my old device card had been corrupted by family member attempting to use in digi camera ;-(

It was returned today in working order with GB & Ireland maps (TT IQ Routes???). The report details items which have been repaired as Charging connector replacement + reset button replacement+ software and maps reinstall. There are however some items which I had installed on my device prior to the defect occurring which are not installed now after the repairs. I previously had WesternEurope-GB-Ireland maps plus the safety cameras for those areas. I also have two 'voices' to select.

Can anyone advise me whether it is stil possible to connect to TomTom Home and update the device. Or alternatively, download the Western Europe GB-Ire maps and safety cameras from the backup on my computer without corrupting the new files which SNRS have installed on the device. I certainly don't want to get back to square one and incurr more costs.

Last query. Can I use 'any' mini usb cable to connect my unit to the computer as I have lost the original cable which came with the device?

Thanks

I am curious as to the nature of the maps. Previously, you had WE/GB/Ireland installed. Now you have only GB&Ireland. When you purchased your unit, did it come with WE? If so, I'd be fascinated to know where/how this repair facility came up with a map that was different from what you had already owned.

Please also advise the current firmware version on your unit.

You should have no problems connecting to TomTom and purchasing new maps -- providing we like the answers to the two questions above.

Yes, any USB cable that fits the connector on your ONE will work to operate it.

Ask a Question