910 Windscreen Mount Replacement Problems

Hi all,

Anyone else having problems getting the replacement mount they were promised to replace thier broken mounts. I ordered a replacement mount on 01/29/07. A confirmation email said I should recieve it in about 3 weeks.

On 03/09/07 I still had not recieved it so I emailed tech support.

On 03/16/07 tech support said they had re-placed my order and that I should recieve it in about 3 weeks.

Here it is 04/21/07 and I still have not recieved my mount.

I am very disappointed with the service from Tom Tom support. I am also disappointed that in order to use a $600 gps device I have to duct tape it to my dashboard.

Any advice on how to get a replacement mount would be appreciated.

I wish I would have waited and bought another GARMIN.

I'm sorry to hear the terrible service you are recieving.

Can I ask where you are located? Perhaps that could be part of the problem (even though it shouldn't be).

The longest I have waited was 2 months (but not from TomTom), I even forgot about it until I actually recieved it.

Markmathe,

I'm in OKC and when I ordered the map updates it came pretty quickly. I dont' know if they ship the software from the same place as the mounts or not.

That is odd even for TT. When I had to order a replacement mount I got it in two weeks even though they said four. I really like my 910 but support does need some fine tuning obviously.

Sorry to hear about your frustration.
The best thing to do is call them everyday and bug them about your replacement.

Ask a Question