We're having technical problems

TomTom Model(s)
Via 1535
Whenever I connect my VIA 1535 TomTom MyDrive says I have updates. But, then I get this:

We're having technical problems
This will not affect your computer or your navigation device.Try reloading the page, or try again later.

I use Google Chrome on Windows 8.1. But, when I go to Internet Explorer, I don't get the technical problems, and can then download any updates.

Anyone have any ideas what to do, so that I don't have to go to IE for just this? I really do prefer Chrome over IE.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone might be able to provide.

Once this happens, the error page is usually cached, and no matter how many times you go to that page, it comes back with the same thing! It's not happening in IE because you hadn't already received this error when using that browser.
Force refresh the page in Chrome using CTRL/F5

OK, I signed out, closed it, signed back in and did the Ctrl F5, and that might have taken care of it. Thanks again.

Yeah, once it's in the cache, it's a bugger. Seems to me Chrome now supports the standard CTRL/F5. It didn't in its earlier years and the process for forced refresh of a page was a lot messier, but thought it did now. Anyway, if you're not seeing that message now, you should be good to go.

Ask a Question