Traffic not working with one 3rd edition

TomTom Model(s)
One 3rd Edition
I have had my tomtom one 3rd edition for several years and it has treated me well.
I recently decided to finally buy the a traffic receiver as would do anything to shorten my commute.
At first I plugged it in and it told me that it was not compatible with the map on the device, so I thought "Fair enough" the map was the original map on the unit so probably 6 years old. I bought the latest US & Canada maps. I plugged in the traffic receiver, clicked on the traffic icon in the menu and it still says it is not compatible with the maps.
Someone help, I'm basically $100 into this traffic thing and it still wont work :mad:

What application is on the device. The latest is 7.903.

You may wish to call CS:

Canada (en)
1 866 486 6866

Monday-Friday:
8:30am to 7:00pm EST
Saturday:
9:00am to 6:00pm EST

Application? I'm having the same problem with my XL. What application are you referring to?

The application on the device. Tap the bottom right of the status bar when you are in the driving view. The next screen should show the application installed on the device.

Application is 8.083, map version US 855.2982. I have not updated the XL map for about 2 years then plugged in the traffic antenna and got the same message. Am afraid a new map won't cure it and map updates are pricey. Could buy a new one for a little more but I would like to keep update the map and keep this one and give my old One 3rd to my son.

I'm slightly confused... you said in post #1 that you bought a new map, but in post #5 you say it is v855. That's a very old map. Are you sure you've installed the new map and selected it (if neccessary) in Change preferences / switch map?

Also, I know there are several different versions of the RDS Traffic receiver, and you need to have the right one.
But I think the US-based mods have a much better idea of the situation over there though, so I'll bow out here.

I'm sorry for the confusion. I'm not the original poster. I'm simply having a similar problem with my XL.

DoH! Sorry, my confusion, not yours!
I'm at work and not concentrating properly.

That model is an old one. App 8.083 can only work with a discontinued traffic receiver, it had a ton of suction cups on it, and a miniUSB connector, model 4v00.084.

Use the link below as a start:
http://www.google.com/search?q=4V00.084

They expire one year after first use, so I don't recommend used ones.

Bummer! The receiver is brand new. Is the app what we used to call firmware? First one (ebay) in the google search link you provided is the guy I bought this one from. Maybe it's time to buy a new one.

Thanks to everyone. Always get good info here.

Actually, the firmware is what they're now calling the 'app':( - so yes, you've got it just right.

Ask a Question