TomTom XL IQ Routes Problem

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom XL IQ Routes
Hi folks,

I am fairly new to this forum so please bare with me. I have a TomTom XL IQ Routes device and I have not used it for a few months so went to connect up tonight and can't get it connected for some reason. When I clicked on Home it came up with a new version and as you do you install it to keep up with the times, thats when the problems started

1st. It was usb device does not recognized your device.

2nd. tomtom runtime error 1058.

I have been at this for 5hrs and still can't connect my device to tomtom Home. What the hell has been going on in the last few months.
I should add I also have and older tomtom One and tried it and same thing runtime error. Can anyone Please help.

I seen one post saying you have to have Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer)
which I have just installed but not tried yet.

Any Help or Advice would be great. Thank you.

It is correct that Home requires dot net framework to function. So install from your link and try running Home again.

Hi,

Done all that and still saying USB Device Not Recognized so Home does not open. Even if I open home manually it still won't connect to tomtom. Tried reset tomtom and still no go.
Just can't get it to connect, got an automated email from tomtom saying to download a file and install. I have downloaded but can't connect to install it.

Any advice PLEASE.

• Get the freeware version of Revo Uninstaller from HERE
  • Completely uninstall Home
  • Get a fresh copy from here: tomtom.com/home and install
  • Try the connection again
Also:
  1. Are you using the cable that came with the unit?
  2. Using a usb port on the back, not the front, of the computer?

Also:

Thanks for help, will give it a try. as for,

1. no think I must have left it in a Hotel room, using one of these ones that plug into wall charger with usb connection. Getting a cable tomorrow.
2. I am trying to do it on a laptop with the only 3 usb connections on it. Tried them all.

Will get back to you.

Also:

Thanks for help, will give it a try. as for,

1. no think I must have left it in a Hotel room, using one of these ones that plug into wall charger with usb connection. Getting a cable tomorrow.
2. I am trying to do it on a laptop with the only 3 usb connections on it. Tried them all.

Will get back to you.

UPDATE..

Used Revo twice and reinstalled Home twice but getting ....

TomTomHOMERuntime.exe failed with error 1058. The service cannot be restarted, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

Really starting to get annoyed with this now as I never has any problems before. Worked ok with both my tomtoms.

Hi,
Got another cable and installed an older version of tomtom home v2_4_0_94_win and is now working ok, was going to install new version but worried it might not be compatable for some reason and end up back to square one..

Thanks for the Help.

sounds like the problem was the cable in the first place, should be OK to update your tom tom home now...

Ask a Question