TomTom One cannot find maps

I did the recent map update and the only map it can find is Guam. I tried to re download the map but when I try to change maps, all it has is Guam. What folder should it be in? I have it under "USA_and_Canada" folder. Should it be in a "Map" folder because that is how my Magellan is. Or does anyone have a factory backup file they could send me since I never did a backup. Please help.

Try a pin reset.

If that doesn't work, and since you said you did a map update, the updated map from TomTom (it IS legit, right?) will reside on your computer in the dl folder.

Use Home to go to Add Voices/Maps and you should see it listed as located on your computer. Select to install it.

If that method doesn't work, use Home to move to Items on My Computer. Again, you should see the map listed. (click the 'more info' link to ensure it is proper) and select install from there.

I have done the pin reset with no luck. I download the map from TomTom Home using the "Use Latest Map Guarantee" under tools. So it is legit. I went to home and went to "Items on my Computer" but there are no maps. I will try to redownload it again and see if it will come up.

I have done the pin reset with no luck. I download the map from TomTom Home using the "Use Latest Map Guarantee" under tools. So it is legit. I went to home and went to "Items on my Computer" but there are no maps. I will try to redownload it again and see if it will come up.

I know TomTom has been having some recent issues with their map associations with TomTom accounts, so if you still experience issues, I would just give them a quick call and they may be able to fix it rather quickly.

look and under your map folder to see if it was downloaded correctly:

My Documents/TomTom Home/download/map/US_and_Canada.
In there should be a zip file (map).

I found the Zip file, and I went to the "Items on my Computer" and I know have a map. But when I installed it on the device, it still doesn't show it there. I went to My computer and then to it's drive, and the map on there is only 132kb. Why is it not the 835 MB like TomTom Home says?

If you see it, TTHome should see it when you click on Add Maps/voices. It should list the map. Click 'install' and let the application install the map. All first installations of any map MUST be done using Home as Home creates files in the process so that the unit can recognize the map's existence. It seems the first installation process did not go smoothly.

So, try it again.

I installed it with TT Home. I went to Items on my Computer, clicked on the map, and then clicked Install. I am trying it again now to see if it will work this time.

Try to manually copy the contents of the zip file into your TomTom's directory with the US_and_Canada folder.

Probably close, eh?

Funny how often doing that resolves issues, though. It's like rebooting your computer.

Probably close, eh?

Funny how often doing that resolves issues, though. It's like rebooting your computer.

I was just about to say the same thing. Crazy enough, rebooting your computer solves so many problems.

And as for the OP, dhn, might he have a corrupted map on the PC or just a bad map transfer from pc to device?

Could be either. It seems that if a user dl a file, especially a large file like a map via a wireless connection (don't know whether that's the case here) , the file sometimes gets corrupt during the dl process.

Also it happens that during the installation process, something screwy happens.

As we all know, TT Home's software is not exactly 'rock solid' at the best of times.

I am running into the same issue as the person who started this thread. After a few unsuccessful attempts of downloading the new software from TomTom Home, I found myself with only the Guam Map.

So I then tried a restore and that also failed, I guess the map was corrupted on my backup.

I am now in the middle of extracting the download US map and putting it back to my TomTom One LE. I am hoping this works. Pray for me.

I will call tomorrow to TomTom support and report my issue. See what they got to offer about installing the new software (even though I read it's only minor improvements for the One).

Last edited:
Update
I figured what was my problem. The issue was that my PC is not up for the task anymore. I used this old PC for mostly all my junk software I don't want to use nor install on my better PC. Well this Celeron 1.50GHz, 512MB was the issue. I discovered this when I was trying to transfer the US & Canada Map and it kept failing during the transfer. Even if I used a 3rd Party software to assist me in transferring the file.

So what I did was copy the backup folder for my TomTom to a 1.66GHz Intel Core Duo PC with 2GB RAM (approx 3GHz) and the transfer of the US & Canada Map was a success. So I installed TomTom Home into that PC and was able to conduct a backup/recovery to my unit and also install the latest application.

I guess my older machine wasn't up for the task anymore with TomTom Home and it's CPU intensive requirements. Live and learn. I hope this helps others with the same issue.

P.S. I didn't need to contact TomTom suppport. Nor did I lose any settings or custom POIs. I did lose my Car Icon that I had put there to replace the blue arrow, but I still have the program that assists me to hack that into the One Le--which the feature is not built in like in better TomTom models.

Ask a Question