Cannot install tomtom for model 1605 gps 6" screen

TomTom Model(s)
1605 gps 6"screen
Updated Problem at end of Post.. Success finally.

I upgraded from windows 8 to windows 8.1 and now cannot access Tom Tom for my model 1605 with the 6" screen. I lost a lot of things and have to try to get back to normal. I used to get messages about updates. The desktop icon does not work and a lot of things are missing. I cleared the cache and restarted the pc. I tried the web for updates and tried to download and get error messagesfrom webroot detecting a few virus's.
When I click on the ink tomtom.com /getstarted from the user's manual. I get the following and cannot get any further.

Welcome to TomTom

Please select your country

I cannot enter the country there is nothing there.

Please help.

Thank you.
----------------------------------
Update to problem:

I clicked on the gear on the home page and clicked on compatibility view settings and added tomtom.com . Restarted the pc and restarted TOM TOM and was able to load MYDrive. I can see MyDrive in the system tray and it says I have two updates. It says TOMTOM via 1605 connected .
I click on Details and I try to log in and a ball keeps searching and never logs me in.

Still need help.

Thanks for all the help with the posts everyone posted .

I was able to log in to My Drive and update TOMTOM 1605 TM after 4 hours of frustrations.

Used Compatibility view settings at top of home page and added TomTom.com .

Used Google Chrome to Login to My Drive and also cleared Cache of MY Drive .

Thank you all ..

Success!!

Last edited:

Ask a Question