TomTom Computer voice

I have searched through this forum forever and can't seem to find an answer. I have installed the computer voice DAVE from the Tomtom home software. My tom tom shows it is installed but it won't show up in the voice's.. for some reason no computer voice's will show up. just standed voice but I need the TTS.. can anyone help???

On my XLS there is no room for 2 computer voices. The file is too big. You have to delete one before you install one. I put Dave on mine and did not like it. I am currently using Kate. English but easier to understand than Dave.

Dave

On my XLS there is no room for 2 computer voices. The file is too big. You have to delete one before you install one. I put Dave on mine and did not like it. I am currently using Kate. English but easier to understand than Dave.

Where can the Dave file be downloaded??

I too went nuts with my XL-S and the different voices. What a toy....for a while.

I downloaded C3P0, John Cleese and Mr. T. They are funny, and fun to listen to for a while, then you want real directions with correct street names. The only way to get that is to go back to 'Computer Voices'.

I have had the 'novelty' voices for a few months now, and do not use them. I plan to remove them within a few days.

i have downloaded the dave and kate computer file but can not select it from change voices how do i select it to use whilst driving it is in the memory but cannot find it to select it. THIS IS ALSO THE QUESTION ASKED BY THE FIRST POST BUT NO-ONE HAS REALLY ANSWERED IT PLEASE HELP

i have downloaded the dave and kate computer file but can not select it from change voices how do i select it to use whilst driving it is in the memory but cannot find it to select it. THIS IS ALSO THE QUESTION ASKED BY THE FIRST POST BUT NO-ONE HAS REALLY ANSWERED IT PLEASE HELP

Well, an obvious question ..... does your model handle TTS (text to speech) voices? Not all do. Do you have a LoquendoTTS folder in your unit (use Explorer to see). You need the contents of that to make the voices work.

Use Home to look at Contents of My Unit. Is a voice listed?

These are things to check.

If you have the TomTom ONE XL model, it does not support computer voices. You need the ONE XL-S or higher. I found this out the hard way as well.

Ask a Question