Tomtom One Xls - Computer Voice Stutters

Is there anybody that are expriencing voice stutters when getting long directions on Highway ? Simple street names are OK.

Contacted TomTom support but nobody have reported this problem. Could it be that the CPU on the TomTon One XLS not fast enough? On the 720, which has a faster CPU, there is no voice stutters.

Yes, I had that same issue - after researching (I tend to drive my wife NUTS) and trying out 5 different GPS units (one was the XL-S), I finally decided to go with the 720 - and I love it! Yes, the XL-S did stutter - that was one of my reasons for returning it. It not only has a much slower processor, but also half the memory of a 720.

You mean you got the coveted Max Headroo-oo-oom voice... How lucky...:D
(did I just date myself?)

I had that problem on Tuesday with my 720. I use the Susan voice and it would stutter and sometimes repeat itself.

Then on Wednesday on the return 5 hour trip it was back to normal.

Mine comes and goes. I think perhaps if you deselect some of the stuff the voice reads off all the time, it may lessen the amount of stuttering. It is a bit annoying, to tell you the truth... I'm hoping that there will somehow be a fix released for it...

Mine also has started doing this stutter effect as well, doesn't seem like any rhyme or reason though.. Worked well since January '08 and all of a sudden it started this. The other thing it has done lately is jump the map all over the place and show I'm doing 100 mph. I have to shut the unit off then turn it back on.

As SShadow said, I hope they find some fix for it.

I have yet to experience this but could be due to the fact you have the TT set to warn on too many POI for it to handle the load. The only POI I have it warn me are the speed and radar traps. If one has the stutter symptom, check your PI warning and if set to many, try to lower them.

what shuppter do you mean. I got some garbage speaking sometime when it is recalculating at the same time, I guess it is normal. Ya not to over load too much is a good idea.

- POI alert
- Less POI show on map.

Any other suggestions.:confused:

Same here. after recent update

Is there anybody that are expriencing voice stutters when getting long directions on Highway ? Simple street names are OK.

Contacted TomTom support but nobody have reported this problem. Could it be that the CPU on the TomTon One XLS not fast enough? On the 720, which has a faster CPU, there is no voice stutters.

I hope they fix this. Do they check these things before making them available?

how much about a nike dunk ??every one know??

failed.jpg

I've got the same issue, and I've only had it about a month.

I was running Navigator 6 on my Treo and never had this issue. But that didn't have the text-to-speech capability.

Ask a Question