Tom Tom GO 720 Weird Issue Needs help

Hello all,

I recently purchased a tt go 720, installed and updated the latest version of home and ran into an issue. The unit worked fine on my first trip i took. When i got home, i placed the unit on the computer docking station to look for more themes, voices etc and when it asked me if i wanna connect to my computer i clicked yes. Once i did that the gps went black. It still showed the green light showing it was charging but i couldn't power it on. If i take it off the dock and reset it, it does nothing. The only way for me to get the gps back on is to take it into the car and hook up the car charger and reset it from there. Once i do that i can disconnect it from the charger and it works like it always was but soon as i go back to place it on the dock, it goes blank and i have to repeat the above process. I have tried removing all the Home software from the system and have even tried using the version that came with the gps. Nothing helps. If there anyone out there with this similar issue and if so, any solutions? Thanks a bunch

Try using a different usb port for the dock, especially one in the back of the unit and see if that helps.

This is the same problem experienced by many Go720 users after the latest firmware update to 8.351. The probem is discussed by several others elsewhere in this forum. Something to do wih the boot log (?)

If by "reset" you mean power button, you are wrong.

Under the unit, you'll see a little hole marked "reset", almost in the middle.

Find something that fit in that hole (toothpick?) and press that button. HOLD THE BUTTON DOWN. Ensure you press the button, nothing else! The button is small and easy to miss. You should feel a small "click" when you press the reset button.

While you hold the reset, press and hold the power button then, after a few seconds, release the reset while you keep holding the power button. The TT will turn-up and you'll ear the drums.

Done!

Ask a Question