Tom Tom Go 720 - Delete phone book

TomTom Model(s)
Go710/Start60.
I want to deleat the current phone book on my Go 710.Can it be done?If so how do i do it thanks.
Edit.Changed units number.

Last edited:
I may be being a bit thick here dhn but i can't see anything there that helps me deleat my tom toms phone book.Sorry folks the unit is a710 not a 720.

Use Explorer to look at the contents of your 720. Do you see a contacts folder? If so, do you see a file in there called contacts.txt? If so, delete it.

When you have your device running and Home is working, your unit will look like an external disc drive or a thumb drive -- it will have another drive letter assigned to it.
If you approach it like just another drive, you can use your PC to look at and manipulate its files.

There must be a way to do it from the tom tom unit,i'm very poor when it comes to the using of explorer ect.I'm not computer savey i'm afraid.

You made that very clear, but maybe we can walk you through it with baby steps an no pressure.

If you want to try, you must do exactly what is suggested and must reply with what you did.
The first step would be to tell us which version of Windows you are using.

Ask a Question