Tethering AT&T Bold with TT GO 730?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730
Has anyone, here gotten their Blackberry Bold to tether with their TT to receive the traffic services? I've spent the better part of today and last night researching this. Only one good thing has come out, now I can tether my MacBook and use the Bold as a modem, but no joy with the 730.

I've been struggling with this very same thing for two months. I can connect the two via Bluetooth for Hands-free calling and phone book copying, but have never successfully got data services to work. I've scoured these and other forums for advice, tried a number of different manual settings, but nothing works. I finally broke down and asked TomTom support. They told me that at this time, the Bold is not compatible with the 730 for data services. Of course, when you look at the compatibility page, it shows that the Bold is compatible with the 730 for data services...whatever.

I'm putting this one on the back burner until RIM, AT&T, and/or TomTom get their s--t together, unless someone out there tells us how to get this combination to work.

Dudad, I don't have any more steam left in me to keep trying, but do a search around here for NAVCORE 8.302. Someone reported that the present version of NAVCORE, wreaks havoc for Blackberry and other phones, particularly, bluetooth connectivity. I've tried this, but was unsuccessful in downgrading my 730 to 8.302.

I'm already resigned to buying the traffic receiver separately as opposed to trying to make this work via bluetooth.

See if this link helps any. It refers to some type of blackberry firmware upgrade that is needed first.

It was a curve on AT&T, not a Bold. I don't know enough about blackberrys to know the difference.

Ask a Question