#730 w/Moto-Q with AT&T

TomTom Model(s)
Hey there folks,

Just got my model 730 and love it, but I'm having a problem setting up the unit with the AT&T version of the Motorola Q. I'm surprised there is not more phone models shown on the GPS unit. Is there an updated list that can be downloaded or am I forced to manually make this work?

I do have unlimited data on my AT&T plan and would like to use traffic features.

Another question that may sound stupid . . . . is the GPS able to broadcast through the FM radio while using the phone for internet access?

Any suggestions or comments wohld be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Tomtom has minimal built in scripts/support for US cell companies.

This link has lots of discussion on manual configuration for bluetooth data. You could try similar configuration as other AT&T customers. Try getting it to work for weather, as that is a free way test the data link. Once the data link works, you should have no problem with PLUS traffic.

FM instructions require simultaneous playing of MP3 music, to comply with a UK dead air law. But you could always create and play a silent MP3. There's no reason it shouldn't work fine with bluetooth data, but I don't store MP3s on my tomtom so I've never tried.

Ask a Question