services - connect Samsung phone with AT&T

Hello,

I have a one XL. My last phone was a Samsung A757 or something like that. I was able to connect it to my one XL for tomtom services like traffic, etc. It worked great.

I recently changed phones to a Samsung SHG-A877 Impression. I have not been able to connect the phone to the one XL for services. Any hints or suggestions? I have done a number of searches. I have tried using wap.cingular as the APN, etc.

I have the complete MediaNET package and I can browse the web on the phone, etc.

Is there a way to debug the services script to see what the phone sends and what comes back?

Thanks
Barry

When you set up the wireless data connection, does it prompt you for a model and phone carrier? If so, choose "other" from the phone list and then choose "USA" / "cingular mediaworks" from the carrier list.

if it doesn't prompt you for model and carrier, open Tomtom HOME and go to manage my XL and delete "phone connection settings" from the "computer" tab. Then go to "update my XL" and it should download "phone connection settings" again for you.

samsung phones

Hello,

I have an older Samsung (A707) that is listed. The tomtom can connect to that phone and it works fine. I just don't understand why the other phone doesn't work. What really bothers me is there is no way to see what is going on and there is no way to correct it.

Thanks,
Barry

Yes, Tomtom attempted to make data so "user friendly" that there's no real way to debug.

What problems are you seeing exactly on the new phone? eg, does it say your phone can't do data? Does the green progress bar start up and stop? Did you use "Other" as the phone model, and "USA"/"Cingular mediaworks" as the carrier?

Ask a Question