Speech edit space usage

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 540TM Navigon 7200T
If I make additions to the Loquendo data file so many Native American street names (among others) in my area are pronounced correctly, will added lines of code take up much of the little space left (already took out extra voices) on the XXL 540TM? I may want to add 50 lines of code and of course would save them to another file so they don't get wiped out in a map update !!
Also, are added POI categories wiped out in map updates or only (from what I have read) favorites ?
This forum is certainly top notch and very informative reading for all of us.
Thanks !!

The additional lines of codes will hardly be noticed and custom poi categories can be copied from map to map. Shouldn't be a space issue, if that's your concern.

Thank you for the speedy reply. Are custom POI written over or lost on new map updates so will I NEED to (save a copy on my PC and) copy them back, or will the update only clear the favorites as I thought I had read ?

Is there a way to add something to all those fields at once in Loquendo TTS/data/English....without going into each line? I wanted to add a comma after each field so there would be a slightly longer pause between words.
Could I put the last line in the file as " " = "," ? Would that work? I hope that makes sense. Thanks !!!

When a new map overwrites the contents of an earlier map, the custom ov2 files normally are retained. But no guarantees..........that's why the backup is suggested, to play safe.

I haven't played with the lex files at all, others may respond. But I think the pause comma needs to be in each line required.....

If I make additions to the Loquendo data file so many Native American street names (among others) in my area are pronounced correctly, will added lines of code take up much of the little space left (already took out extra voices) on the XXL 540TM? I may want to add 50 lines of code and of course would save them to another file so they don't get wiped out in a map update !!
Also, are added POI categories wiped out in map updates or only (from what I have read) favorites ?
This forum is certainly top notch and very informative reading for all of us.
Thanks !!
Hi, Which files do you plan ida to change. I was thinking of changing the phrases as I did in my Garmin earlier with the TTS editor like recalulating = "lets try this again" and turn left = 'Please turn left" or anything to that effect.
Do you know off a way to change the bin files under the voices directory?
Please let me know.
Thanks,
-ummati

TomToms (unfortunately) do not have a tool for altering speech files in that manner.

Ask a Question