Problem with Tripmaster

I installed tripmaster v3.1 on my One XL. I also installed the plugins. I can see the folders in the root directory along with the .ttn file. ( plugins_hook, sdkregistry, skin, tripmaster) The problem is Tripmaster does not show up in the main menu of the TomTom one XL. Any suggestions.

I installed tripmaster v3.1 on my One XL. I also installed the plugins. I can see the folders in the root directory along with the .ttn file. ( plugins_hook, sdkregistry, skin, tripmaster) The problem is Tripmaster does not show up in the main menu of the TomTom one XL. Any suggestions.

Welcome to TomTom forums!

TripMaster does run on TomTom ONE XL. You might want to verify you have done the below steps:

1.Unzip TripMaster v2.5 on your computer ? should see 3 folders.

2. Make a new folder on your TomTom called tripmaster.

3. Copy / paste the entire tripmaster folder onto your TomTom tripmaster folder.

4. Make a new folder on your TomTom, called SdkRegistry.

5. In the SdkRegistry, copy / paste the tripmaster.cap and .bmp files to TomTom SdkRegistry folder.

6. Change the TomTom.mnu file in your TomTom SdkRegistry folder to reflect the newprogram.

IF you do not have a TomTom.mnu folder, you will need to set it up in order for your newly-installed tripmaster program to show up on the TomTom menu.

If you do not have a TomTom.mnu folder, let us know.

Hope this helps!

Before going ahead, it is recommended that you first make a complete backup of your GPS if you haven't already done so. See Here for a very complete set of instructions depending on which computer you use.

Someone will then soon (hopefully) show you how to create a TomTom.mnu file, which you can then copy and paste into your sdkregistry folder. See below link for one possibility.

Several items to be aware of. I've only gotten Tripmaster ver. 2.5 to work on my TomTom. Also, because of limitations, you will lose access to several menu items while Tripmaster is 'loaded.' However it is easy to return to the full menu by accessing the TomTom and renaming the TomTom.mnu file to TomTom.bak which reinstates normal operation.

This is the TomTom Menu Designer program available if you want to see if this is doable for you

I personally use this and it works great for me!

Thanks for the help. I did manage to figure out how to make the TomTom.mnu file and everything is working fine.

That's really good - very happy it's working for you! Thanks for the feedback.

Having trouble with Tripmaster 3.1 install

Hi I have a One XXL ver 9.510. I installed Tripmaster 3.1 including the patches for v 8/ v9 software and amended the ttn or tnn file with VI editor as described on the web page. However once the installation is complete, the screen just hangs or I just get a blank green screen. So I can't get the TomTom working again until I roll back / unistall all the software. Any ideas?

Hi dfisher and welcome to TTF!

Question - do you have the following FOLDERS on your XXL?

1. plugins_hook? This should contain two files: config.txt and plugins_hook.so

2. sdkregistry? Contains tripmaster.bmp and tripmaster.cap

3. tripmaster? Should be v3.1

In addition, another additional file on the root of your TomTom should be called ttn. This ttn file is most frequently the cause of problems especially if you try to run other 3rd party software such as "height."

If you have the ttn file, could you post the contents here to confirm it is correct? Also sometimes ttn is generated and saved (wrongly) as a .txt file which would make it unusable until corrected.

Caveat - although I have Tripmaster working on my XL340 with 9.xx, I haven't seen any XXLs with it running.

Ask a Question