Tripmaster Problem

TomTom Model(s)
Go 730
I installed the latest version of Tripmaster on my TT 703 Nav.8.351 When the Tripmaster icon is activated, the screen flashes non-stop, alternating between the TT and Tripmaster screen. Is there a way to stop this flashing? Can the latest version of Tripmaster run in the background, while using the TT screen? Thanks.

I installed the latest version of Tripmaster on my TT 703 Nav.8.351 When the Tripmaster icon is activated, the screen flashes non-stop, alternating between the TT and Tripmaster screen. Is there a way to stop this flashing? Can the latest version of Tripmaster run in the background, while using the TT screen? Thanks.
I assume you mean TT 730.

When you downloaded Tripmaster, did you ALSO download and appropriately place the little patch that would be necessary for it to run under 8.351?

Le Web Bazar !!! Applications Tomtom !! Patch Tomtom v8.350 !!!

Yes, I have a TT 730. And yes, I ALSO downloaded the plugins and placed them appropriately. Touching the screen a second time seems to take Tripmaster out of its flashing mode. It still seems pretty unstable.
Thanks for your reply.

Can't say I've seen that happen. I have it running on my 720 (same as your 730 when we're both at 8.351 firmware) and the screen doesn't go silly on me. I'll have to load it up on the 740 and see what it does there, but that will be firmware 9.something so isn't necessary a valid comparison.

Also, you'll find the author very responsive to bug comments (even in English <g>). You might let him know what you are seeing.

Problem solved! For some reason my computer does not recognize the TomTom as a device so I use a 3rd party program called Safely Remove to enter the TomTom.. I had copied the files inside the plugin folder instead of the whole folder itself. I reinstalled the plugin and the flashing stopped. Tripmaster works like a charm. If I find it useful, I'll send him a donation. Many thanks again for your help.

Problem solved! For some reason my computer does not recognize the TomTom as a device so I use a 3rd party program called Safely Remove to enter the TomTom.. I had copied the files inside the plugin folder instead of the whole folder itself. I reinstalled the plugin and the flashing stopped. Tripmaster works like a charm. If I find it useful, I'll send him a donation. Many thanks again for your help.
That's a relief. Sure did sound like the hook file was "missing".

What kind of computer are you running that doesn't recognize your TomTom? Does it recognize other "mass storage" devices like thumb drives and the like?

Am running XP with an Intel dual core chip and lots of ram. All USB drives are working (jumpsticks, card reader, external drives are all recognized). For some reason the TomTom does not register as an external device. Safely Remove [/I][/I]recognizes it as a hidden device.

Same problem

I downloaded Tripmaster today and installed it in my XL. It installed fine. But it flashes constantly until I mess with it and it settles down. Moreover, just holding it in my hand seems to add mileage to it. It seems unstable to me. I've not actually put it to the test yet. Will do that tomorrow.

I need something to track mileage for my taxes so I'm hoping I can depend on this. :confused:

Last edited:

Ask a Question